Best E-check Casinos in Canada
Is there anything better than gearing up to play your favourite casino games? On the other hand, is there anything worse than trying to figure out the best deposit option, or dealing with unexpected fees? Today, we’re talking about the pros and cons of using an online casino e-check deposit.
Canadian players make up a huge portion of the international gambling market. They’ve asked for easier, faster, and cheaper ways to add money to their account. That’s why there are more Canadian online casinos that accept e-check than ever before.
True to our goal of helping you enjoy the best gaming experience, our team tested online gambling sites that accept e-checks. We’re here to provide you a list of all the best platforms available. Read on to learn how to make e-check payments and why this is an attractive option to make your deposits and withdrawals.
Best online casinos that take e-check 2020
|4||100 FS||Play Now||
|5||150 Free Spins||Play Now||
|8||125 Free Spins||Play Now||
What is e-check?
You’re probably wondering: what exactly is an e-check payment? How is it different than using your bank card?
Online casino pays with e-check functions almost identically to paying with a paper check, but it’s even more secure and, in some cases, faster. Using this payment method allows you to transfer funds directly from your bank account to the gambling platform.
Paper checks have gone out of style for multiple reasons—they can get lost in the mail, damaged, plus you have to send it or present it in person. The e in e-check stands for electronic. To use one, you’ll need your bank account’s routing and checking number. This can easily be located on a statement from your banking institution.
After inputting your account details, that information is sent off electronically. The casino verifies with the bank that 1) you have an account there, and 2) you have adequate funds. Once you do, the money is moved over.
This is similar to using a card like Interac, Visa, or MasterCard. Funds are debited from your account and transferred directly to the gaming platform. However, you don’t need to possess a bank card to use this method. A popular alternative is using e-wallets, which prevents you from sharing your banking information directly with gambling sites.
Pros and Cons of Online Casinos that Accept e-check
Now that you understand the basic concept of an online casino e-check, we’re going to discuss the pros and cons in more detail. After all, there are no payment options that will be perfect for every gambler. The important thing is to find what works best for you.
- No card or external apps required. This is one of the only methods for making deposits and withdrawals that don’t require any extra tools. You don’t need to have a bank card handy (or at all). You don’t need to download an app, make an account on a different platform, or share your information with a middleman.
- Highly secure. When online casinos that accept e-check take your payment method, your information is well guarded. When the gambling platform requests funds from your bank, the information is encrypted. Only your institution’s secure software will de-encrypt it.
- No or low transaction fees. Some other payment options can carry hefty fees. For example, credit card payments can result in some big transaction fees. e-checks are frequently free or have a small, flat fee.
- Desktop or mobile availability. Online casinos that take e-check can do so on a desktop, through a mobile browser, or in their gaming app. Many casino players appreciate this flexibility.
- Cash in your account. When you pay with casino online e-check, it will only transfer money that you already have in your account. If you’re looking to avoid using credit or overspending, this is a good option.
- Longer processing times. It can take up to three days for transactions to go through. The encryption, de-encryption, and processing times cause this delay. If you are looking for a faster payment method, you should try to pay by phone bill.
- Bank details needed. You need to find and share your account and routing numbers with the gaming platform.
- Not every casino accepts them. There are gambling sites that won’t accept an e-check, so it’s wise to check beforehand or choose one that we recommend.
How to Make an e-check Deposit?
Now, let’s discuss what steps it takes for an online casino to accept e-check successfully.
- Head over to the cashier on your gambling platform of choice. Select e-check as your preferred payment method
- When prompted, input your banking information. This will include the name of your institution, your checking and routing numbers, and the amount of your deposit. Many gambling platforms require deposit minimums to qualify for certain bonuses or matches. Be sure to verify that your deposit amount is sufficient if you hope to take advantage of them.
- After the gaming site makes the transfer request, you’ll need to authorize your bank account to release the funds. This can be done through text, phone call, or online banking, depending on your institution’s policy.
- The bank approves the transaction and sends funds to your gambling account. This money will appear in 1 to 3 days, although they may provide credit for you to start playing sooner.
There’s another important thing to note when using an e-check casino online. Gambling websites love it when their players use this payment method. It’s as affordable and easy for them to process as it is for you to use. Because of this, many sites will offer additional welcome bonus perks to new players using an e-check to pay. Make sure to take advantage of these deals!
How to Withdraw Money?
Lastly, we’re going to share information on how to withdraw your winnings with an e-check. This is very similar to making a withdrawal, but there are some important additional steps to note.
You will head over to the cashier page again to head out and select the e-check method. Many platforms will only authorize a withdrawal through this method if you have made a deposit the same way, so keep that in mind. You’ll need to input your banking info if it isn’t saved.
You’ll then need to verify your identity. This is legally required for all online gamblers—it’s part of a casino retaining their license through Kahnawake, Malta, or whichever authority they’re partnered with. You can choose to withdrawal higher amounts than some other transaction types, usually up to $50,000 per week. Finally, your bank will deposit the money into your account in three to five days.
If you’re looking for a quicker withdrawal process, you may be more satisfied with using an e-wallet, Skrill casinos for example, which can be processed in under a day (in some cases). Thank you for reading our review of the e-check payment method. We hope you have found it informative and encourage you to give it a try if the benefits appeal to you.